4.16.2011

My Eggo is Preggo

Welp. Here we are. I know at least my mom and MIL will want to be kept up to date on pregnancy happenings so this will be the easiest way to make that happen. Lord knows I don't have the energy to call and talk about this as much as they'd like. I am a frequenter of other pregnancy blogs and I appreciate the few that are frank and real about what they're going through, so here's my stab at it.

My brief take on pregnancy is.... well- it isn't really a walk in the park in the first trimester- at least for me. My body has been doing things I never knew happened during pregnancy; talk about wake up call. Aside from all the new bodily functions, there is an extreme lack of energy. Thankfully Barry is truly a gem and has picked up many of my household duties to keep this place running. I'm told these things get better and that it's all worth it- I'll believe it when I see it.

Until next time...

Stats:     (some categories stolen from the lovely Cathi Stegall)
*Baking Time: 10 Weeks
*MIA: Energy and excitement
*Cravings: Popsicles, donuts, & doritos. (not at the same time)
*Aversions: Chick Fil A, pineapple, & green bean casserole
*Worst symptom: Morning sickness. Why can't this kid just accept its surroundings?
*Lessons Learned: I should have been more thankful for a healthy and normal running body before this.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Alicia! Now you can't post all those status updates about annoying kids anymore!! :-) Will you find out the sex of the baby??

    ReplyDelete